The audio quality of downloaded tracks is by default 256 kbps MP3 quality. The reason for this is twofold; we want to leave enough storage space to download multiple albums and playlists, without one app consuming all capacity, but also derives from the idea that lossless audio is not always supported to its full potential by mobile devices.
New on Primephonic
Although the standard audio quality of downloaded music is 256 kbps, you can now choose to manually select higher audio quality up to 24bit.
How to manually pick the audio quality of downloads?
It is possible to download an album in lossless audio quality but you need to manually change the Settings on the app and pick the lossless audio quality.
- On the Primephonic app, click on the Settings icon at the top right corner of Home Page
- Click on Download Quality
- Select your preferred audio quality
- When downloading music in lossless quality, it will take up a lot of storage space on your mobile device.
- When downloading music in lossless quality, the downloading process will take much longer. It is advised to keep the Primephonic app active in the foreground of your mobile device.
- All tracks downloaded before April 2021 will be of mp3 256 kbps quality.
Can I have my downloads on the SD card of my Android phone?
No, unfortunately not. Downloaded music can only be played back offline in the Primephonic app itself. When music is downloaded to your device, it is encrypted on your device but cannot be played or transferred to any external devices. This is to prevent music piracy and to protect the rights of the content owners.